Citizen Advice Hammersmith and Fulham is an independent charity that provides information, education and advice services to help people resolve problems. CAHF is part of a national network of over 300 individual charities that deliver advice across England & Wales overseen by a national framework provided by Citizens Advice.
CAHF is one of the busiest local Citizens Advice services in London, delivering services from 2 locations: in the north of the Borough we are based in 338 Uxbridge Road in Shepherds Bush, bordering White City and a part of the Borough that has high levels of deprivation and therefore a high footfall for services. In the south, we are co-located with Avonmore Library and Neighbourhood Centre (formerly known as Baron’s Court Library) from where we deliver the Library Service through our dedicated team of volunteers as well as traditional advice services.
Both sites have full disabled access and are purpose built to deliver advice services with fully equipped interview rooms and reception areas to meet the needs of our clients. Both premises provide access to terminals or self help kiosks to facilitate the provision of information at all times. The Advice Centre in 338 Uxbridge Road also hosts our telephone call centre suite used to provide telephone and email services.
All of our services are delivered from these sites and other regular and ad hoc locations around the Borough according to the needs of the various projects and to improve access for clients and residents.
Alongside our generalist advice provision we deliver a plethora of financial capability projects to assist with money management and debt solutions. CAHF has a strong commitment to offering integrated solutions to our clients in need of help with financial issues and to build resilience in the community.
We place our clients at the centre of everything we do. Our services are designed to equip our clients with the knowledge, skills and confidence to take control of their lives by taking informed decisions to address their problems.
Our service offer to clients is comprehensive. Our over-riding strategy is to deliver a mix of services that integrate intervention and prevention services offering our clients the best opportunity to make informed choices and decisions that will help them solve their problems, sustain their well being and achieve financial independence for individuals. Our services are designed to help create resilient and sustainable communities, through community empowerment and mobilisation.
“To be accessible all day every day to everyone for advice services that create opportunities and improve lives.”
We share the over-arching aims, values and principles of Citizens Advice to:
- Provide the advice people need for the problems they face
- Improve the policies and practices that improve peoples’ lives
At the centre of all of CAHF’s strategies are its 3 key aims:
- To provide an accessible advice service
- To develop quality people
- To empower individuals
Our objectives will deliver our strategic aims to ensure that we are acknowledged and recognised as the leading provider of advice services in the Borough:
- To provide high quality advice, information and education service that is responsive, accessible and relevant;
- To improve our focus on research and campaigning for more effective policies and practices;
- To provide exciting and mutually beneficial volunteering opportunities;
- To ensure we continue to train and contribute to the skills, confidence and employability of our people, both paid and volunteer;
- To work in collaboration with local advice providers to support them to deliver quality services and build capacity to meet increasing demand; and
- To facilitate community empowerment by delivering individual solutions for people in the community.
CAHF believes that these objectives are well aligned with the overall strategic direction aspired to by Citizens Advice to be the “People’s first choice for Advice and Advocacy”, achieved through Empowering Advice and Influential Advocacy.
Our Principles and Values
As a member of the Citizens Advice Service, CAHF provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities.
We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
Our commitment to equality, diversity and human rights is embedded throughout our business strategy and is based on the framework provided by Citizen Advice to:
- Challenge discrimination through advice
- Promote equality through advocacy
- Value diversity through our role as employers, volunteer agency and contractors.