Skip to content
Log in

Other Organisations

Other places you can get help from

Sometimes we tell people about other organisations that can help them with their problems. A list of some of these organisations and what they do is set out below.

Although the details provided about other organisations were correct at the time of listing, ALWAYS CHECK THE ORGANISATION’S OWN WEBSITE OR CALL THEM FOR THEIR OPENING HOURS BEFORE GOING THERE.

Not sure what to do? Call us first on 0300 330 1162.

Organisation Contact Information Information about their services
Action on Disability t: 020 7471 8510
Disability benefits advice, advocacy work to help get or challenge care assessments.
Citizens Advice Hammersmith & Fulham Affordability Project The Affordability Project assists council tenants in rent arrears only. If you are a council tenant in rent arrears and need help you must ask your rent officer to refer you to the project.

Citizens Advice Hammersmith & Fulham Capitalise Debt Advice Project
t: 020 3137 6295
Our Capitalise project offers debt advice on all kinds of debt. If you would like advice about how to manage your debts, call our debt assessment line on 020 3137 6295

East European Advice Centre t: 020 8741 1288.
p: 241 King St, Hammersmith W6
Free advice & support on benefits, housing and employment for East Europeans. Chargeable immigration advice. English, Polish and Russian spoken.

Hammersmith & Fulham Law Centre t: 020 3080 0330
(for all initial enquiries)
p: 363 North End Road, SW6 1NW
H&F Law Centre has legal aid contracts in housing, immigration and asylum and provides free legal advice and representation to those who are eligible under the scheme. Housing work is limited to defending possession proceedings for social housing tenants. Court proceedings must have been issued (not at NOSP stage).

London Irish Care Hammersmith & Fulham t:020 8741 0466
p: Avonmore Library and Neighbourhood Centre, 7 North End Crescent London, W14 8TG
LIC’s welfare advice service provides free and confidential advice and support to Irish people in need across a wide range of issues; from housing and accommodation, to employment, debt and benefits.

MIND – Hammersmith & Fulham t: 020 7471 0581
p: Hammersmith & Fulham Mind
309 Lillie Road
London SW6 7LL
Mind is Hammersmith & Fulham’s leading resource for advice, support and empowerment in mental health. It provides advocacy, counselling, befriending, self-help support groups and one-one advice in debt, benefits, housing and legal rights.

Shelter – Hammersmith & Fulham t: 0344 515 1540 (to book an appointment)
p: 385 North End Road, SW6 1NP
Shelter is the national housing charity but has a local housing advice centre in Hammersmith & Fulham located in their charity shop. Housing advice for all tenants.

Carers Network t: 020 7386 9417
p: Bishop Creighton House, 374-380 Lillie Road, SW6 7PH
The Carers Network provides information, support, social events and training to help support carers in their role. They also administer the Carers Small Grants and Carers Personal Budget schemes for H&F


Do you need help from a solicitor?

Sometimes people can benefit from the help of a solicitor. Legal aid is still sometimes available to pay for some or all of your legal costs. You can check if you are entitled to legal aid to pay for costs here.

If you are not entitled to legal aid but are a member of a Trade Union, the Union might provide free legal representation for a variety of issues, and not just employment issues.

Sometimes you might be paying for insurance for costs of legal help as part of your house insurance deal. Not many people know they are paying for this so it is a good idea to check your contract.

Not sure what to do? Call us first on 020 7385 1322

To find a local solicitor, go to

For information on why to use a solicitor, go to the Law Society website

Using a solicitor

When you have chosen a solicitor, you will need to make an appointment. Always check for information relating to fees before you make an appointment. Take all relevant documents to the appointment, check this with the solicitor. Prepare a list of questions in advance of any appointment. Take identification with you to any appointment, such as a passport or driving license.

For more guidance around using a solicitor, visit the Citizens Advice website.