Help, I’m in trouble!

I have no money what can I do?

A hardship payment is a reduced amount of Jobseeker’s Allowance which you may be able to get if you have been refused Jobseeker’s Allowance, or your benefit has been stopped, because of doubts about whether you are available for and actively seeking work. You may also be able to get them if: You are waiting […] Read more

I am being investigated for benefits, what do I need to know?

If the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) or your local council suspect you may have misled them about something to do with your benefits you might be asked to go to an ‘interview under caution‘. This could lead to them suspending your benefits and taking you to court. Read more

My benefits have stopped, what can I do?

If your ESA has been stopped because you failed a medical assessment you will either need to sign on for Job Seekers Allowance or make an appeal. Our guide to challenging an ESA decision has more information about this. Before you can appeal you must ask for a ‘mandatory reconsideration’. You will not get any […] Read more