How can I get help?
Local authorities have a legal duty to provide help to certain people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness. The local authority will look at a number of things to decide if you qualify for help. These are whether:
- you are eligible for assistance
- you are homeless or threatened with homelessness
- you have a priority need for housing
- you are not intentionally homeless
- you have a local connection.
Generally, the more of these stages you get through, the more the local authority will have to do to help you. Our Citizens Advice pages have more information.