How do I claim?


DLA (Disability Living Allowance), PIP (Personal Independence Payment) and AA (Attendance Allowance) are benefits for people who are seriously disabled and need help with their personal care or someone to look after them to avoid harm, or need help to get around (PIP and DLA only). DLA is now only for children aged under 16, […] Read more


To start your claim to JSA (Job Seekers Allowance) if you are unemployed, or ESA (Employment Support Allowance) if you are too sick to work, call the DWP Contact Centre: Telephone: 0800 055 6688. A claim to Job Seekers Allowance can also be made online, at Job Seekers Allowance Online. You must start your claim […] Read more

Tax Credits

Tax Credits can help with the cost of bringing up children if you are on benefits or in work on a low income. Claim Tax Credits by calling the Tax Credits helpline, 0345 300 3900. Read more

Child Benefit

To claim Child Benefit choose the relevant form on the website, complete it and send it to the Child Benefit Centre with your child’s original birth or adoption certificate. Child Benefit Office (GB) Washington Newcastle upon Tyne NE88 1ZD Read more

Other benefits

Details of how to claim the full range of benefits available in the UK can be found on the benefits web pages. Read more

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

If you live in rented accommodation in Hammersmith & Fulham and are not in receipt of Universal Credit, you can claim Housing Benefit to help with your rent. If you are in receipt of Universal Credit, benefit for your rent will be paid with Universal Credit but you still need to claim Council Tax Support […] Read more